Internet Radio & Audio Sites
Links to Broadcast Radio via the 'Net,
Streaming Audio, Webcasts,
Syndicated Programs & Music Archives
Listening to these Internet Radio Stations works better if you have a fast connection, such as DSL or Cable Modem. They require either MS Media Player, RealAudio Player, or MP3 Player (links to download are available on the sites.) Also, sometimes one player program will work better than the other on any one site, if they offer both that is. The quality of the sound will vary from time to time, depending upon 'net traffic and other technical issues. There are tons of choices and more every day. I've tried to list a few that might be of interest to you. The 'broadcast' stations generally have the poorest sound quality and commercials, but may have greater local interest.
Last Page Update December 24, 2012.
Listed in alphbetical order
WMA = Windows Media Audio
RA = RealAudio
bps = bits per second.
podcast = RSS feed and MP3
syndicated program = only broadcast on radio, satellite, or TV.
directory = site containing links to audio shows and sources.
- Acoustic Café international radio showcase for new acoustic music. Each week, they air two hours of some of the best singer-songwriters in the business, including rare acoustic cuts, classic tracks, plus exclusive, live in-studio interviews and performances each week. Click their logo and follow the links to this week's program [ (embedded player) 20kbps]]
- American Routes Each week, Nick Spitzer covers vast musical and cultural ground on American Routes, a public radio program based in New Orleans, Louisiana. Hear blues and jazz, roots rock and soul, Cajun and country, zydeco and Tejano... and beyond. Plus stories and conversations with musicians and everyday people, known and unknown. Explore the roots of popular music and popular roots music... on American Routes, from Public Radio International. [music is a syndicated program, but you can listen to any of their archived programs; RA 32kbps.]
- Bluegrass & Old Time Music Streaming Audio Sites DIRECTORY: Select the desired day and then click on the icon of the desired audio player if there is more than one choice. The listings here are presumed to be correct and are always subject to changes in programming without notice. [directory]
- Bluegrass WIth Mustard Show streams from AspenPublicRadio.org 10am MT Sundays.
Pastor Mustard emceed The Telluride Bluegrass Festival for 30 years. Now in its seventh year, his Bluegrass With Mustard Show streams worldwide[wide variety of streaming media available.]
- Barren River Breakdown at WKYU-FM every Sunday at 12 Noon E.T. will give you the best of Alternative & Vintage Country, Blues, Folk and of course plenty of Bluegrass…American Music with Roots. [mp3 stream, 24kbps]
- Bluegrass Breakdown broadcast on Nashville Public Radio live on Saturday's at 8pm. Archived programs available on the site. [uses .pls files which open with RA; 32k, 64k, or 128kpbs.]
- Bluegrass Country Here to bring you the best in traditional and contemporary bluegrass. They've been hosting these shows for years and now they bring the best of bluegrass to a worldwide audience. Windows Media Player requires the Abacast plug-in[WMA 20k bps] or you can click on the MP3 menu button to use Live365 stream at up to 128k bps, requires proprietary free player download.
- Constant Country KRS is a live365.com station from Edgewater, NJ. playing Today's Best Country and Yesterday's Favorites. [56k bps]
- Cowboy Cultural Society Radio - "No great social upheaval or revolutionary insights ... love [of] the music and poetry and the spirit of the cowboy and ... is not going to be what is considered strictly traditional western music, I wanna have more fun than that," sez Laura Ellen. [MP3 and RA, 24k - 128kbps]
- Cowboy Gospel NETradio - Featuring Cowboy, Country and Southern Gospel Music. Based in Canton, GA [uses 365.com Flash player]
- KBEC Classic Country - Broadcasting on 1390 AM from Ellis County Texas with local news, sports and human interest stories. Featured
programs include the Coffee Cup and the Flea Market (which is a real
on-the-air flea market.) "We're hometown radio at its best!" [WMA 63kbps]
- KCLW Classic Country - Broadcasting on 900 AM from Hamilton in Central Texas. Award winning classic country western station. Streaming 24hrs/daily. Named Radio Station of the Year by Academy of Western Artists, featured on ABC World News Tonight, cover stories in Texas Monthly magazine, Texas magazine and other publications. [32kpbs mms]
- KHYI Americana Country - Broadcasting on 95.3 FM -- Howe, Plano, Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas [embedded WarpRadio browser, 20k bps]
- KPIG Freeform Radio - Broadcasting on 107.5 FM -- Freedom, California. Requires free subscription.
- KSUZ The Big Q - Internet country station out of Snyder, TX [Flash Player via live365.com]
- Kulak's Woodshed in North Hollywood California is a live acoustic music, singer songwriter listening room and pioneering multi-camera webcast recording studio. A Labor of Love created by Paul Kulak in November, 1999 operated by volunteers and funded by audience donations. A Live (7 nights a week), [Windows Media 56k, 128k, 256k, or 500k] - 24/7 Webcast (video with audio) or view the many archived performances.
- KVRL Country Radio - "Revolution FM" broadcasting 94.3 in Kerrville, TX. Listener Request Line: 830-792-5785 [32kbps live stream.]
- Live365.com - Country Channels - DIRECTORY: More than 76 country "stations" to choose from... classic hillbilly to bikerbar to top40. A feller could lose a lot of time checking out all the variety on here. [various, requires free registration, or pay-premium subscription.]
- KUT-FM - 90.5 FM - Austin & KUTX 90.1 FM - San Angelo.
Folkways (Saturdays 11 - 4pm) and Sunday Folkways (Sundays 3 - 4pm) lead listeners along a musical path that winds through the Texas Hill Country to the Blue Ridge Mountains, to the Scottish Highlands, and beyond.
- Mountain Stage is a two-hour radio show recorded before a live audience in Charleston, WV. Now in its 20th year, the show has established a long tradition of featuring national and international acts in almost every style of music. The television version of Mountain Stage is an outgrowth of the radio show which features many - but not all - of the same guests. [syndicated program, no Internet audio]
- Music City Roots is a weekly radio showcase live every Wednesday at 7pm CST (requires Flash.)
- My HIllbilly Music - classic country hillbilly music in an ad-supported, 128kbps, Flash player.
- Radio Free Tunes - Radio Free Tunes is part of a family of internet radio stations that feature independent artists. Select a player from any of the many genre's such as blues, country, or folk alternative. [broadband and dial-up connections]
- Shufflemania - A free Live365 Station programmed by traditional country music lovers right here in central Texas. "Country Shufflemania" combines modern-day music by Justin Trevino, Bobby Flores, Jake Hooker, and others with the classic shuffles of yesteryear by Ray Price, Johnny Bush, etc. Also, Country Shufflemania kinda leans toward Texas music including some Western Swing and (of course) good ol' shuffles. [up to 64kbps]
- Texas Online Radio - We're not your usual online radio station, and we're not limited to Texas Artists! We support the growth and promotion of new musical and visual artists everywhere! [mp3 file-based psuedostreaming audio 180k bps]
- Texas Rebel Radio is KFAN-FM broadcasting via the airwaves and real-time on the Internet. Based in Fredricksburg, Texas, this station was the most listened to radio station on the Internet last year. They mix it up with Texas Triple-A, too. [WMA 31kbps]
- Third Coast Music Network - a.k.a. KSYM San Antonio [broadband]
- Thumbin' Radio - Playing only vintage country from the 50's-70's. Free, 24/7/265. iPhone App too.
- Twang City - Internet American Roots Music station. [high quality 128kbps MP3 streams for both WindowsMedia and .pls] Now using LoudCity streaming to facilitate royalty payments - excellent quality audio.
- WDVR - FM The largest Americana station in the North East - Broadcasting from Delaware Township, NJ at 89.7 & 91.9 MHz. Americana, Bluegrass, Traditional Country, Folk, Celtic, Big Band, A Cappella, Blues, Jazz and fun stuff. [WMA 20k bps]
- WDVX-FMWDVX is a listener-supported community radio station playing Bluegrass, Americana, Classic Country, Alternative Country, Western Swing, Blues, Old Time and Traditional Mountain Music, Bluegrass Gospel, Celtic and Folk [56k or 96k].
- WRVK-AM Mt. Vernon Renfro Valley, Kentucky. Features an old fashioned "Homefolks Radio" format of traditional and classic country, and selected new country.
- WTCS - The Country Shoebox in Quincy, Florida tries "to program the very best country music on the planet earth." It uses the Live365 player
- WoodSongs - Old Time Radio Hour is a weekly, live audience celebration of America's oldest musical artform. They web cast on Monday evenings or you can listen to their archives of past shows. [very good quality. Now offering 56k or 300kpbs audio, also offering video, or mp3.]
Important Note: Hey, dudes, Country Roots Music is not a radio station,
we are not affiliated with any radio station,
there is no point wasting your time asking us to play your songs,
because there is no way we could even if we wanted to.
January 26, 2012. [link test, connection speed or audio stream not checked]
Music Guide : Band & Musician Links : Internet Radio & Audio : Texas 42 : Editorial Index
©2001 - 2013, Country Roots Music
Absolutely no reproduction of any kind without written permission.
Country Roots Music is a public service of austin78704 web & graphics design