Internet Radio & Audio Sites
Links to Broadcast Radio via the 'Net,
Streaming Audio, Webcasts,
Syndicated Programs & Music Archives
Listening to these Internet Radio Stations works better if you have a fast connection, such as DSL or Cable Modem. They require either MS Media Player, RealAudio Player, iTunes, or MP3 Stream Player (links to download are available on the sites.) Also, sometimes one player program will work better than the other on any one site, if they offer both that is. The quality of the sound will vary from time to time, depending upon 'net traffic and other technical issues. There are tons of choices and more every day. I've tried to list a few that might be of interest to you. The 'broadcast' stations generally have the poorest sound quality and commercials, but may have greater local interest.
Page Updated on June 17, 2014 & Links Checed on December 17, 2013.
- Acoustic Café international radio showcase for new acoustic music. Each week, they air two hours of some of the best singer-songwriters in the business, including rare acoustic cuts, classic tracks, plus exclusive, live in-studio interviews and performances each week. Click their logo and follow the links to this week's program or listen to an archived program.
- American Routes Each week, Nick Spitzer covers vast musical and cultural ground on American Routes, a public radio program based in New Orleans, Louisiana. Hear blues and jazz, roots rock and soul, Cajun and country, zydeco and Tejano... and beyond. Plus stories and conversations with musicians and everyday people, known and unknown. Explore the roots of popular music and popular roots music... on American Routes, from Public Radio International. [music is a syndicated program, but you can listen to any of their archived programs]
- Bluegrass WIth Mustard Show streams from AspenPublicRadio.org 10am MT Sundays.
Pastor Mustard emceed The Telluride Bluegrass Festival for 30 years. Now in its seventh year, his Bluegrass With Mustard Show streams worldwide [podcast available.]
- Barren River Breakdown at WKYU-FM every Sunday at 1pm E.T. will give you the best of Alternative & Vintage Country, Blues, Folk and of course plenty of Bluegrass…American Music with Roots.
- Bluegrass Country Here to bring you the best in traditional and contemporary bluegrass. They've been hosting these shows for years and now they bring the best of bluegrass to a worldwide audience.
- Constant Country KRS is a live365.com station from Edgewater, NJ. playing Today's Best Country and Yesterday's Favorites.
- Cowboy Cultural Society Radio - "No great social upheaval or revolutionary insights ... love [of] the music and poetry and the spirit of the cowboy and ... is not going to be what is considered strictly traditional western music, I wanna have more fun than that," sez Laura Ellen.
- Cowboy Gospel NETradio - Featuring Cowboy, Country and Southern Gospel Music. Based in Canton, GA [uses 365.com Flash player]
- KBEC Classic Texas Music - Broadcasting on 1390 AM from Ellis County Texas with local news, sports and human interest stories. Featured programs include the Coffee Cup and the Flea Market (which is a real on-the-air flea market.) "We're hometown radio at its best!" [WMA 63kbps]
- KCLW Classic Country - Broadcasting on 900 AM from Hamilton in Central Texas. Award winning classic country western station. Streaming 24hrs/daily. Named Radio Station of the Year by Academy of Western Artists, featured on ABC World News Tonight, cover stories in Texas Monthly magazine, Texas magazine and other publications.
- KHYI - The Range - Broadcasting on 95.3 FM -- Howe, Plano, Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas [embedded WarpRadio browser, 20k bps]
- KPIG Freeform Radio - Broadcasting on 107.5 FM -- Freedom, California. Requires subscription - mobile app available.
- Kulak's Woodshed in North Hollywood California is a live acoustic music, singer songwriter listening room and pioneering multi-camera webcast recording studio. A Labor of Love created by Paul Kulak in November, 1999 operated by volunteers and funded by audience donations.
- Live365.com - Country Channels - DIRECTORY: Lots of country "stations" to choose from... classic hillbilly to bikerbar to top40.
- KOOP-FM - 91.7 FM, Austin Community Radio with wide variety, including classic country and bluegrass. See schedule.
- KUTX-FM - 90.5 FM - Austin & KUTX 90.1 FM - San Angelo. Several "channels" of various genres, including Austin music.
- Mountain Stage is a two-hour radio show recorded before a live audience in Charleston, WV. Now in its 20th year, the show has established a long tradition of featuring national and international acts in almost every style of music. The television version of Mountain Stage is an outgrowth of the radio show which features many - but not all - of the same guests. [syndicated program, podcasts available - click Archives menu item.]
- Music City Roots is a weekly radio showcase live every Wednesday at 7pm CST - Roots Radio app available.
- Shufflemania - A free Live365 Station programmed by traditional country music lovers right here in central Texas. "Country Shufflemania" combines modern-day music by Justin Trevino, Bobby Flores, Jake Hooker, and others with the classic shuffles of yesteryear by Ray Price, Johnny Bush, etc. Also, Country Shufflemania kinda leans toward Texas music including some Western Swing and (of course) good ol' shuffles.
- Third Coast Music Network - a.k.a. KSYM San Antonio
- Thumbin' Radio - Playing only vintage country from the 50's-70's. Podcast archives or iPhone App.
- Twang City - Internet American Roots Music station.
- WDVR - FM The largest Americana station in the North East - Broadcasting from Delaware Township, NJ at 89.7 & 91.9 MHz. Americana, Bluegrass, Traditional Country, Folk, Celtic, Big Band, A Cappella, Blues, Jazz and fun stuff. [WMA 20k bps]
- WDVX-FMWDVX is a listener-supported community radio station playing Bluegrass, Americana, Classic Country, Alternative Country, Western Swing, Blues, Old Time and Traditional Mountain Music, Bluegrass Gospel, Celtic and Folk
- WTCS, including The Country Shoebox in Quincy, Florida tries "to program the very best country music on the planet earth." It uses the Live365 player
- WoodSongs - Old Time Radio Hour is a weekly, live audience celebration of America's oldest musical artform. They web cast on Monday 7pm or you can listen to their podcast archives of past shows.